Great news! As of Monday, July 6, 2020, you can begin placing holds in our catalog for curbside pickup.
Important Service Notes
Curbside pickup at the Case Memorial Library is available Monday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Holds can be placed on library materials through our online catalog, by phone, or by email.
Please note: Any items that are not picked up on their scheduled day will be put back on the shelf for circulation.
- This service is available to anyone with a valid library card in our system.
- To learn what items are available, consult our library catalog or contact the library during curbside pickup hours.
- All requests will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- You may place up to 20 items on hold on your library card.
- A library staff member will call you to notify you that your holds are ready and will schedule a pickup time.
- Please feel free to return any items you have checked out. Our book drop is open 24 hours.
- Due dates for materials already checked out have been extended and you can return items later.
- Museum passes must be requested by phone. As before, they will be held up to 1 hour. Please check here for museum closures.
- Patrons should wear masks and practice social distancing when picking up items.
- There will not be a staff member present to help you. If you have any questions please call the library at 203-891-2170 or email email@example.com.
- Any items that are not picked up on their scheduled day will be put back on the shelf for circulation.
- At this time, the library cannot accept book or media donations.
Curbside Pickup Step-By-Step
- Request Items
- Use our library catalog to find items and make a request by placing a hold on the item.
- Or call the Library at 203-891-2170 (press 2 for Circulation Department) during curbside pickup hours.
- Or email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also speak to a Librarian who can assist you in finding a good read.
- Wait for notification
- You will receive a phone call when your items are ready for pickup.
- Once an item is ready, you will have a set day and time to pick up the item(s).
- After notification, come to the library for pickup.
- The item will be ready for pickup in the vestibule of the library for curbside pickup with your name and last four digits of your phone number.
- Your items will be placed in a paper bag on the curbside pickup cart.
- Allow staff to leave the curbside pickup area completely.
- Retrieve the bag labeled with your last name, and the last four digits of your phone number on file.
Enjoy your library materials!